Thursday, August 24, 2006

Gustav Klimt / Nicolas de Crécy influences

Okay, this one is really really REALLY old! I made this illustration 7 or 9 years ago. At the time, I was a big fan of Klimt (that explains the gold texture!) and Nicolas de Crecy (a french guy that helped a lot on the movie "The triplettes of Belleville" for those of you who knows this weird (really cool) french movie).
To this day, I still like this illustration. It's just different from what I usually do. I still want to do a graphic novel with gold backgrounds though.

Ps: If you want to rent "The triplettes", don't be afraid, they don't speak french, they just mumbled! (no really..., I'm serious!)

2 comments:

Sam Nielson said...

This is really cool! I'd love to see you do more texturey stuff like this.

Anonymous said...

Tu as vraiment du talent, je n'en ai jamais douté. Continue !